Today was a legit Thai day. It's a Buddhist holiday here so we had the day off. We decided to go to Koh Krut which is this island in the middle of this river that runs through Bangkok. The king built the island so that he could send all the Burmese refugees there because he didn't want them taking all the Thai people's jobs. In order to support themselves the Burmese people have learned to make awesome pots out of the clay that is overly abundant on the island. It was cool to get out and see the Thailand that I remember from my travels 5 years ago; Houses, on stilts, children taking baths in the river, cool arts and crafts everywhere, and of course the lush tropical vegetation.
Riding the Boat to the Island
Burmese Lady Making a Pot
Clay they use to make the pots
The room was filled with drying pots. Once a week the put them all in the kiln.
Man making an intricate pot

Various vegetables and flowers fried in tempura
I love you girl! I love how you always go and do - you inspire me :)
ReplyDelete