Monday, May 16, 2011

Anywhere USA

So life in Thailand so far has been pretty similar to life in America. . .Wake up, go to work, come home, chill with the fam, go to bed...Repeat. I still haven't gotten over jet lag. Thus far the latest I have been able to sleep in is 6:15; I improve by about 5 minutes each morning. Even the weekend was filled with such American past-times as going to the fair and riding rides, and hanging out at the mall, it was fun to hang out with the fam and some of Adele's friends. Plus, as is always the case with the Pinvises there was lots of food involved...mmm. I am seriously concerned about weight gainage this summer, it seems like all we do is eat! It's ok, since I woke up so early without cause I was able to fit in a little work out and Adele, Diana, and I went and worked out (more like took a leisure walk) after I got off work.

Work has been good so far. I'm still a little bit lost but each day gets better. It's a good thing I'm used to living in foreign countries or I would probably be overwhelmed with not being able to understand anything and having people constantly laugh at my "foreign ways." As it is though I laugh along with them and just smile and nod. Most of them speak at least a little bit of English but they don't use it unless they have something specific to say to me. Duan is my favorite, she is my project partner for the summer. She's about my age and she graduated from the university with a bachelors in English studies. Even still I only understand about half the words that come out of her mouth and I'm pretty sure she only understands about half the words that come out of mine. Just the same, we have fun together...plus, she takes me to lunch with her and her friends every day. It gives me a chance to eat the really authentic Thai food. I've done pretty good at tasting everything put in front of me but I try to warn people that I really really don't like seafood so they hopefully don't put it in front of me. Even still I've had to bite the bullet a few times, I can take it.

Anyway, I don't know what else to write about. I tried to mostly answer the questions people have sent. If there's anything else you want to know tell me and I'll try to write about it.


1 comment: