Hanging out in Uberaba was everything I hoped it would be. I only wish we could have spent more time there. My area in Uberaba was probably to smallest in my mission, especially since when I was there we had two sets of missionaries in the ward.
While we were in Uberaba we stayed at my friend Debora's house. Her husband and one of her two sons was out of town for most of the weekend so it was nice and quite. We spent most our time going in between her house, Luciana's, and Luciene's. We didn't really do anything that people would care to read about, mostly just sat around and talked and laughed ALOT! My mom was overwhelmed by how loud Brazilians are, they just congregate together and laugh and joke and have fun. When I was on my mission I would see them sitting there on the sidewalk in front of Luciana's old house just laughing and hanging out in the sun; I always just wanted to sit there and hang out with them but being a missionary I didn't have time. So, that's all we did this weekend. Might seem like a waste to fly all this way to just sit on the sidewalk and talk but for me it was perfect!!
Sitting on the sidewalk in front of Luciana's house
Hanging out at Luciene's (In pink holding baby)
Me with part of Luciana's (to my right) family
Luciana wanted to give me a manicure and a pedicure before we went out and walked around in the dirt all day :)
Eating the fundip I brought them for easter.
Everyone in front of the church (which is really a rented out house) on Sunday.
This one's for you Peggy and Clara. I'm getting good! I rode around Uberaba all by myself and only stalled once :)
Debora and I making "Pao de Queijo"
Hi Carrie - Great adventures! Thanks for the update. Stacy
ReplyDelete