We arrived in Anapolis at 6 am monday morning after spending ALL night on the bus from Uberaba. Wanessa picked us up from the bus station and took us to our hotel. The room looked more like a hostel room but it had free internet so life was good. I had taken some sleeping pills to help me sleep on the bus, which I did, and yet I still felt drugged all day Monday. Oh well, all my friends were working so there wasn't much to do anyway. We did get to go to my favorite place for lunch though; nothing special just a little place in the "mall" but they have THE BEST pamonhas and caldo de milho. Pamonhas are kinda like brazilian tamales but Oh so much better, especially when they are filled with peppers! Caldo de milho is basically corn soup but like the pamonhas just oh so much better. Sister Buckley (A.k.a Natalie) and I would go eat at this place every chance we got.
Monday night we had a family home evening at Andregelly's house with a bunch of people from the ward. It was so fun to just hang out with people in such a relaxed setting. As a missionary you always have to be on your very best behavior and you can't really just kick back and relax with people. Plus it makes one so happy to come back and see all the people who are still strong in the gospel.
Tuesday was not such a great day. I don't know what it was about the beds in our hotel room but my back went out completely. I have a herniated disk in my back so I'm used to having back pain but nothing like this. It took everything I had just to stand up. By the early afternoon I couldn't take hanging out in the hotel room anymore no matter how bad it hurt. My mom and I ventured out and found a pharmacy and grabbed some lunch, that's about all I could take so we went back to the hotel room to wait for Wanessa to get off work and come and pick us up with her car.
I didn't want to be in too much pain when Wanessa came to pick us up so I loaded up on pain meds. Not a good idea, it ended up making me so noxious I ended up throwing up and Wanessa had to take me home early.
Wednesday Andregelly got off work early so my mom and I went out to lunch with her and Britto, her husband. Mmm more Brazilian food. After lunch we went out to Industrial which is one of the areas I worked in way out in the middle of nowhere. We didn't have much time out there so we just stopped in on a few of the members to say "hi" and "bye." It's so humbling to have people be so excited to see you and be so honored to have you in their home. It seriously makes you feel like royalty when you know you have done nothing to deserve it. It actually makes me feel bad. On Tuesday night when Wanessa was driving me home she was saying how I am her example of who she wants to be like. It made me laugh and feel really bad at the same time. I told her she could only say that because she only knows me as a missionary. That's just how the people in Brazil are though, they are so humble and accommodating, and they have treated us like we walk on water. I'm so grateful for the example they are to me.
Last night Wanessa, Andregelly, my mom and I went out one last time to get some of my favorite food. Hamburgers :) Ok, normally not a huge fan of hamburgers but there is this one place next to where we used to live that has the best creamy peppers sauce stuff they put on them. AMAZING!!
Well, that was pretty much it for Anapolis, issues with my back kinda put a damper on things but it was so great to see everyone and the food was an added bonus!!
Now we are in Iguassu falls. We gotta get up bright and early so we can hit the Brazil side and then head over to Argentina to get a closer view.
Goodnight!
I'm sorry your back was such a pain! I hope you feel better the rest of the trip!!
ReplyDelete