In a couple of weeks I will FINALLY be graduating from college and starting yet another adventure. Last fall, before I really figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and right after breaking up with the only guy I could ever even remotely imagine myself being with for the long haul, I decided that I was going to spend this summer in Thailand working for Beth's husband's father, Thienchai. Thienchai is the owner of Agro-on, A company that exports canned fruits and vegetables all over the world. Yours Truly will be working on their international marketing team. . .I think.
Before I take off for Thailand though I'm going to go to Brazil to visit my mission for the first time since I've been back. I can't wait to go back and see all the members and people whom I love and adore. Just thinking about it makes me catch my breath. Basically it's going to be amazing.
Anyway, so I guess I'll use this blog to document the above mentioned adventures. My dear friend Clara talked me into writing it, part of me just wanted to take off for the summer and see how it felt to be completely on my own, no communication with anyone back home... I dunno, it just sound like a cool romantic notion. Clara informed me that that would be unacceptable though. That's ok, I probably wouldn't have lasted long anyway.
I hope to use the blog to document both my cultural and spiritual experiences. I'm not really one to document--and certainly not to share--my spiritual experiences; in general I tend to keep those to myself. My hope is though that if I set the goal to write about at least one spiritual experience a week then I will be more prone to look for them and recognize them.
So there you have it, I hope you all enjoy.
Well Carrie, I'm not a blogger either, and though I realize it's rather hypocritical of me to talk you into blogging again when I myself have NEVER blogged, I am so glad you are doing this! Yes, it would have been unacceptable for you to romantically ride of into the sunset towards your next adventure. It's been almost exactly a year since I met you and you have become one of my best friends, an inspiration, source of strength, and support that I don't remember what I did without. I love you! and I'm so excited for you! I was part of your last adventure and I can't wait to be part of this one too! Keep on posting and keep in touch! nkwagala nyo mukwano gwange.
ReplyDelete