Sunday, June 19, 2011

Creativity

Ok, if you want to hear about some crazy adventures in Thailand you should probably skip this one and go to the previous one with all the pictures of the Tigers and waterfalls.

I just got done reading my friend Clara's blog and it made me realize how much I suck at blogging. I had the same realization last week when I read my sister Andrea's blog. My whole life I've been surrounded by creative people: My older sister Andrea, my best friend Morgan, Leslee, Beth, they're everywhere. Apparently when that gene was being passed around in my family everyone got it but me; I got the short, fat, curly haired genes, and they get the creativity. Tell me how that is fair? Add my friends Clara and Cecilly to the list of creative and inspiring people and it just gets that much more depressing.

I'm so business minded and factual. My mind thinks in facts and figures, I am unemotional and detached. If I tell a story I tell the facts, the sequence of events. When I try and explain how it makes me feel I just sound stupid so I don't. I like business, I like being business minded, I like working with numbers, but why can't I have both? Cecilly has both. She's so smart and businessy but get her out of the Tanner building and she becomes the funnest, most creative, CRAZY person you will ever meet.

Today at church we were talking about talents and how you can develop talents you never would have thought you had in the first place. So, I'm going to develop the talent of creativity. I am going to become a creative person. I don't really know how you develop that talent but gosh darnit I'm going to try. I've got my new SLR camera (or at least I will when Ariel get's here), I'm surrounded by a world of adventure and beauty, and I've got my blog, if I can't find my creativity here I don't know where I will.

So from now on, I'm going to work on making my stories better, my blogs more interesting and photos more artistic.

Here goes nothing.

1 comment:

  1. You're ridiculous! You ARE an artist. You have mastered the art of traveling, exploring, and experiencing new cultures. I don't know another girl that knows how to ride a motorcycle or make awesome sweet potato fries like you. You are amazing with animals. Also, being straight forward and factual is a rare gift. That is why I like you.

    ReplyDelete