Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013

2013 was a year of lots of ups and downs. Looking back on it I would have to say it was mostly ups though.

In 2013 I...

1) Finally finished my ChFC, one of the highest designations in the financial planning industry.
2) Lost my horse Sunny who my family had had since I was about 5.
3) Backpacked Guatemala with my friends Traci and Allison
4) Attended an International Financial Consultants seminar upon a cruise ship touring eastern Europe.
5) Backpacked Havasupai with my favorite lil bro and a bunch of my friends.
6) Went to the Holy Lands with my dad, Andrea, and Candache.
7) Started dating a really cool guy
8) Spent my birthday in Memphis hanging out with said guys family.
9) Drove across the country to move said guy to St George, crossing 5 more states off of my bucket list.
10) Rode a camel
11) Maintained my position as the favoritist Auntie of all time!
12) Worked on perfecting my canyoneering skills.
13) Made it almost a whole year living with the coolest roommate ever until our landlord sold the house and kicked us out.
14) Watched all my friends have babies.
15) Got a new horse who I named Moonshine.
16) Went to go visit my Cali friends twice.
17) Moved wards and made lots of new friends.
18) Had an amazing Christmas in both Memphis and St George thanks to Ben's aunt Amy.

And to top it all off....

18) GOT ENGAGED ON A BEACH AT SUNSET TO THE MOST AMAZING GUY EVER!!

So, I guess I would have to say that 2013 was a pretty amazing year. Definitely one for the record books.

The great thing is that I already know that 2014 is going to be even more amazing because I get to marry my best friend for time and all eternity...And....we are already planning the backpacking trip of a lifetime. You know, before we really settle down and get serious about life. I'm super excited to show Ben all the amazing things I love about the world and traveling. And, I'm excited to have him teach me lots of cool things too. Maybe I'll get him to teach me how to play the banjo.

No comments:

Post a Comment