When I was 20, I thought 25 was going to be the end of my youth. But as 25 came and went, the new magic youth-ending number is 30. Although I will always identify with my generational cohort, I will no longer feel like the youth of America. I will, inevitably, start to feel old.
Before I float off into the oblivion of life after 30, I’d like to take advantage of my youth and accomplish as many goals as I can before becoming an “adult.” Here are some ways I’m trying to keep it real, and make the most of my youth.
1. Learn to play Prelude to Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 on the cello
2. Visit at least 5 previously un-visited states
3. Go to Jerusalem and Egypt

4. Have at least ****** in savings in a diversified portfolio
5. Learn to jump the wake while wakeboarding
6. Drive from LA to Washington on the PCH
7. Study Italian
8. Read the Book of Mormon every year
9. Read Atlas Shrugged
10. Earn ****** a year
11. Master 30 new entree recipes
12. Take a vow of silence for 24 hrs
13. Get my ChFC
14. Kiss someone at midnight on New Years Eve (Not that it would be the first time)

15. Take my motorcycle on a road trip
16. Lose 20 pounds
17. Write a short story. Send it in to get published. Frame the rejection letter.

18. Write my own autobiography
19. Dedicate 50 hrs a year to service (not including my individual church calling)
20. Spend a month living as a vegetarian
21. Study each of the major world religions for 3 months a piece. (Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Buddhism, Agnostic (ok, ok, I know it's a lack of religion), Judiasm)

22. Go camping in Moab (Sad that I have never done this I know)
23. Visit the Grand Canyon

24. Hone in on my creativity skills (which at this point are non-existent)
*Learn how to use Photoshop
*Make a real blog
*Take an art class
*Get better at using my camera in manual mode
25. Go blonde
26. Read 20 books I have not previously read
27. Visit Peggy Sue in South Africa / Backpack to Lesotho, Swaziland, and Madagascar
28. Read the bible cover to cover
29. Attend the temple 40 times (I know, I'm a slacker)

30. Go on a crazy adventure for my 30th birthday!!
**I maintain the right to edit this list as I see fit**
13. Get my ChFC
14. Kiss someone at midnight on New Years Eve (Not that it would be the first time)

15. Take my motorcycle on a road trip
16. Lose 20 pounds
17. Write a short story. Send it in to get published. Frame the rejection letter.
18. Write my own autobiography
19. Dedicate 50 hrs a year to service (not including my individual church calling)
20. Spend a month living as a vegetarian
21. Study each of the major world religions for 3 months a piece. (Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Buddhism, Agnostic (ok, ok, I know it's a lack of religion), Judiasm)

22. Go camping in Moab (Sad that I have never done this I know)
23. Visit the Grand Canyon

24. Hone in on my creativity skills (which at this point are non-existent)
*Learn how to use Photoshop
*Make a real blog
*Take an art class
*Get better at using my camera in manual mode
25. Go blonde
26. Read 20 books I have not previously read
27. Visit Peggy Sue in South Africa / Backpack to Lesotho, Swaziland, and Madagascar
29. Attend the temple 40 times (I know, I'm a slacker)
30. Go on a crazy adventure for my 30th birthday!!
**I maintain the right to edit this list as I see fit**
No comments:
Post a Comment